Trattoria Pugliese is located in one of the oldest areas of the historical centre, on an alley close to The Norman-Swabian castle.
It was born in 1888 thanks to Mistress Crescenza Pugliese, the widow of Mister Pugliese.
The place was composed of three rooms: the kitchen, the hall and the cellar that held the wine barrels. Afterwards, her son Vito took the reigns of the place. When Vito passed away, his wife Maria Favale took control. Until 1946 their daughter Dorotea (called Dora) and her husband Amleto assisted in the operations of the place. In August 2013, chef Pepè and his wife Vittoria, took the helm. Every citizen still keeps in their hearts a dear memory of all the owners, their dishes and the place.